Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cream Puffs

These are EASY! I am not one to follow a recipe exactly how it reads, but I do on this one.

Ingredients
1 cup boiling water
1 stick butter (the real stuff)
1 cup flour
1/4 tea salt
4 eggs

Filling
Pudding any flavor

Directions
Pre heat oven to 400
Melt butter in boiling water. Remove from heat and stir in flour and salt (use a wooden spoon). Let cool slightly. Add one egg at a time and mix well. Spoon onto non greased cooking sheet. Bake for 15 mins at 400 then turn heat down to 325 for 25 mins.

TIP: I make the pudding with the directions for pie filling on the box. I have also used whipping cream instead of the milk for a richer filling. I sprinkle them with powered sugar when I put them on the plate. You can also drizzle chocolate over them to be real fancy.

No comments: